Genesis Group Homes, Inc., has immediate openings for Direct Support Professionals in our new East Bethel location.
We are looking for dedicated caregivers interested in making a difference in the lives of individuals with developmental, mental and/or physical disabilities.
Genesis has excellent employee reviews, provides stable opportunities and great benefits.
We are looking for 12 DSPs at this new location. These individuals will provide support to two residents in teams of three.
Paid training is provided!
We encourage you to apply today! Apply Here
How did you hear about this opportunity? Please specify “GJHC” in the drop-down menu when you apply.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Household tasks
- Cooking and eating
- Socializing and leisure time
- Health and safety
- Money management
- Behavior management
Provide transportation for appointments, outings, etc.
Provide online documentation of services provided to residents
- You must be at least 18 years old and have one-year experience providing direct care in a group home setting, or providing care to a family member with disabilities
- Have a valid driver’s license, access to an insured vehicle, and a clean driving record
- Be able to work independently and must have interpersonal skills including empathy, responsibility, creative problem solving and adaptability
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and interact in English to sufficiently perform essential functions of the position
- Must be able to do some lifting
- Must be able to develop and maintain professional relationships with residents, families/guardians, and agency personnel
- Ability to use a computer for required documentation and communication
- Must be able to pass a background check
Genesis offers a competitive pay & benefits package. | We are an Affirmative Action and EEO employer.