Chandler Industries, a precision machining and sheet metal fabricating company with 4 divisions in Minnesota along with a facility in Mexico, is growing our Bethel, MN division (North Metro) and we're looking for an experienced Grinding Machinist to join our Bethel team on 1st shift!
***NEW HIRE SIGN ON BONUS $2000***
FULL-TIME - 1st Shift: Monday -Thursday 5:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Job Summary: Set up and operate various manual precision grinders; including centerless (plunge and thru-feed), cylindrical and surface grinding to produce moderately complex, close tolerance precision parts and components Consistently work with tolerances of +/- .0001 and surface finishes of 16 micro or better.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Performs all job requirements per documented procedures, routings, inspection instructions, and any other related documents and instructions.
- Operate manual controlled machines to perform one or more machine functions on various material work-pieces.
- Secondary responsibility to support other machining and finishing operations as grinding workload dictates.
- Review order, router, job traveler, inspection instructions to determine appropriate machine set-up to obtain finished work-piece dimensions.
- Perform work-piece in-process inspection checking accuracy of work against blueprints/specification using advanced gaging techniques for product conformity. Ability to interpret and translate data into necessary adjustments, and works with engineering and quality on qualification of gaging techniques.
- Perform surface finish operations using sanding and deburr using finishing materials, hand tools and power equipment if required.
- Monitors work-pieces and equipment throughout the machining process to detect issues. Reports quality, process, cycle time, etc. variances to supervisor or lead as soon as they are identified.
- Ensures coolant and hydraulic oil levels are maintained and changed as required. Performs routine PM checks.
- Using computer integrated manufacturing application processes job order data and completes required forms.
- Performs inventory material handling including retrieving, moving and storage of material, tooling, and work-pieces.
- Makes recommendations for process and cost improvements to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains an organized, clean and safe environment and maintains 5 “S” standards. Complies with safety rules including PPE and OSHA standards.
- Participates in Lean initiatives eliminating wastes including overproduction, defects, transportation, waiting, inventory, motion and over-processing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least 2 years of precision grinding experience.
- Proficient reading, writing, oral communication, and comprehension in English language.
- Advanced blue print reading.
- Advanced understanding of metrology with the ability to perform inspection for high complex parts.
- Knowledge of metals, production processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Cooperative attitude, shares critical information, and remains professional in difficult situations.
- Self-directed; ability to work independently.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All employees must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee.
COMPETITIVE WAGES AND BENEFITS
- Holiday Pay