Genesis Group Homes, Inc., has an immediate opening for a House Supervisor
Are you an expert at running a household? Do you want to make a huge difference in the lives of others every day? This is the position for you!
We are looking for dedicated caregivers with supervisory experience interested in making a difference in the lives of individuals with developmental, mental and/or physical disabilities.
Genesis has excellent employee reviews, provides stable opportunities and great benefits.
We encourage you to apply today by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Assist individuals with daily routines as needed
- Ensure all services are delivered according to Genesis Group Homes policies and procedures
- Develop and demonstrate person centered and therapeutic working relationships with individuals, staff, families and friends, management, and other agency personnel.
- Train, schedule, and supervise Direct Support Professionals and ensure they are meeting job requirements
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Plan nutritious meals and ensure food supply is adequate
- Ensure home and all its furnishings, appliances and fixtures are safely and effectively maintained
- Coordinate and directly supervise maintenance and cleaning of home to ensure an attractive appearance both inside and out
- You must be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma or equivalent, and three years of experience providing direct care in a group home setting, or providing care to a family member with disabilities
- One year of supervisory experience in any industry
- College coursework in psychology, social work, or social services a plus
- Have a valid driver’s license, access to an insured vehicle, and a clean driving record
- Be able to work independently and must have interpersonal skills including empathy, responsibility, creative problem solving and adaptability
- Must be able to see, hear, speak and interact in English to sufficiently perform essential functions of the position
- Must be able to do some lifting
- Must be able to develop and maintain professional relationships with residents, families/guardians, and agency personnel
- Ability to use a computer for required documentation and communication
- Must be able to pass a background check
Genesis offers a competitive pay & benefits package. | We are an Affirmative Action and EEO employer.