Nexus-East Bethel is looking to add a Housekeeper to our BRAND NEW psychiatric residential treatment facility!
This Nexus PRTF location is estimated to open late 2023 and will serve youth ages 10-19 who need a higher level of mental and behavioral health care.
Nexus Family Healing is a national nonprofit network of mental health agencies with over 50 years of restoring hope for thousands of children and families through outpatient/community mental health services, foster care, adoption, and residential treatment.
Our Housekeeper will provide housekeeping services within the academy facilities that contribute to an environment that is positive, respectful, clean, and therapeutic.
Provide routine cleaning and maintenance of the public and common areas
- Clean and maintain areas that include but are not limited to: laundry facilities, resident and staff rest rooms, stairwells, hallways, reception area, offices, meeting rooms and classrooms
- Clean and maintain flooring (op, strip, wax, buff, vacuum, steam clean, etc.)
- Clean and maintain windows and window coverings
- Empty trash and/or recycling containers and adhere to recycling program
- Complete routine and special work requests as assigned
- Assist in the moving of furniture/equipment as needed
Adhere to all Nexus safety guidelines as well as federal, state, and local requirements
- Assess and notify the physical plant supervisor of problem areas and/or safety violations within the facility. Rectify if feasible
- Observe the academy’s general, chemical and machine safety guidelines at all times and remain current on all fire, safety and maintenance codes for the facility
- Secure storage and supply areas at the end of the workday
Maintain an adequate stock of cleaning supplies and materials
- Keep supervisor informed of supply and material needs
- Assure the proper distribution of cleaning supplies to staff and residents
- Ensure restrooms are stocked with necessary supplies at all times
- Maintain a listing of equipment necessary for the job, as well as a list of products purchased for the department
Supervise resident maintenance, housekeeping and renovation projects
- Inform appropriate clinical staff in the event of a resident issue or incident regarding performance of assigned housekeeping tasks
- Provide instruction to residents on cleaning and maintenance techniques; productively, patiently and cooperatively interact with residents and clients
- Supervise resident coordinators in fulfilling assigned tasks and projects
Required Education and Licensure:
- High School diploma or GED
- First Aid/CPR/Blood Borne Pathogen/TCI/Medication certification required annually
- Valid driver’s license required. Must meet state regulating agency and Nexus Home Office driving requirements
Nice To Have:
- 1+ year experience serving in a housekeeping and/or cleaning capacity
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time (4-6 hours) and navigate stairs frequently.
- Must be able to tolerate chemical odors or scents conducive to cleaning supplies and materials.
- Must be able to climb, twist, turn and bend in a manner conducive to a housekeeping environment.
Schedule and Pay:
- Full-time, On-site opportunity
- Monday-Friday scheduling
- Starting Pay: $16+ per hour
Nexus’ Comprehensive Benefits Include:
- Four weeks paid time off (PTO) in the first year of employment
- Multiple options for health insurance coverage
- No-cost life insurance
- Short/long-term disability insurance
- 401k match
- NEW – Talkspace Therapy Benefit for the whole family
- NEW – Hinge Health Benefit for the whole family
- NEW – Carrot Fertility Benefit
- Tuition assistance and training opportunities
- Advancement pathways and internal promotion
- And much more!
At Nexus Family Healing, our voices and actions are focused on recognizing, affirming and respecting people of every race, ethnic background, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, gender expression and faith.
ICARE Values & Behavioral Competencies:
- Innovation: Leading the way and implementing creative, cutting-edge ideas and approaches.
- Compassion: Listening, honoring differences, and showing respect, kindness, empathy care, and concern.
- Agility: Exhibiting flexibility and adapting quickly.
- Responsiveness: Being quick, positive and accurate.
- Excellence: Demonstrating quality results that surpass ordinary standards.
APPLY TODAY TO BE CONTACTED BY OUR RECRUITING TEAM! When you work at Nexus, you have the opportunity to change lives — including your own!
Keywords: "Facilities", "Housekeeping", ""Non-profit", "Childrens Mental Health", "Healthcare", "Janitorial Services"