Nexus-East Bethel is looking to add a Mental Health Therapist to join our BRAND NEW psychiatric residential treatment facility!
This Nexus PRTF location is estimated to open late 2023 and will serve youth ages 10-19 who need a higher level of mental and behavioral health care.
Nexus Family Healing is a national nonprofit network of mental health agencies with over 50 years of restoring hope for thousands of children and families through outpatient/community mental health services, foster care, adoption, and residential treatment.
Provide overall management of youth’s treatment through active engagement, clinical assessment, treatment, and discharge planning. Therapist will provide clinical insight and work from a trauma informed lens to enhance the milieu and programming. Engage with families through family therapy and treatment planning. Collaborate with the community and providers related to the youth’s progress and discharge planning.
Trauma Informed Care
- Helps establish and maintain a positive treatment culture & environment
- Works with youth & family to develop a Nexus Individual and Family Guidance Plan
- Active involvement with Family Collaborative Intake meetings
- Completes Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) functional assessment in accordance to TCOM (collaborative) principals
- Through the collaborative effort with family, youth, and providers, develop and monitor the individual treatment plans
- Provide individualized, youth-focused, strength and evidenced-based family and individual therapy models to youth and families. Examples: Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Eye Movement Desensitization (TF-CBT) and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Develop and facilitate milieu and treatment groups that are trauma informed, educational, and treatment focused
- Participate in all youth related treatment team meetings, using family centered language and youth driven principals
- Serve as a clinical treatment team leader to YCP's. This includes but is not limited to modeling and coaching staff on rapport building with clients, trauma-informed practices, and de-escalation techniques on the treatment milieu as needed
- Be available on-call for consultation/treatment direction and/or decisions when appropriate
- Assess readiness for discharge in conjunction with the treatment team
- Coordinate/communicate aftercare needs of the client with family and all necessary social service and community providers to ensure a smooth transition
- Communicate with the treatment team to include all desired and necessary family members, educational, legal, community, and social service providers (as well as all-natural supports that the youth and family identify) to gather all necessary information to inform and support the treatment process
- Ensures that all required client reports, records, and all documentation are produced accurately and maintained in a consistent, timely, and professional manner according to policy and regulated statutes
- Educate and facilitate trainings for staff on trauma informed practices, clinical diagnosis treatment processes, and other clinically relevant training material
- Participate in team meetings, program clinical team meetings, therapy clinical supervision sessions, and in-service as required
- Ensure confidentiality regarding mental health, medical issues, background treatment and comply with all HIPAA related requirements
- Remains current on all company policies, assigned trainings and/or certification requirements
Required Education and Licensure:
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, or clinically related field
- Must be licensed in related clinical field LICSW, LPCC, or LMFT per state board requirements
- Valid driver’s license required. Must meet state regulating agency and Nexus Home Office driving requirements
- 21 years of age
Nice To Have:
- Experience working in the Human Services field
- 900 189th Ave NE East Bethel, MN 55011
- Full-time, onsite opportunity
- Monday - Friday
- Starting Salary for Licensed Indivudals: $70,000+ offers will reflect level of experience and licensure!
Nexus’ Comprehensive Benefits Include:
- Four weeks paid time off (PTO) in the first year of employment
- Competitive Annual Base Salary Offered
- Multiple options for health insurance coverage
- Paid Holidays
- Vision & Dental
- No-cost life insurance, short/long-term disability insurance
- 401k match
- NEW - Talkspace Therapy Benefit for the whole family
- NEW - Hinge Health Benefit for the whole family
- NEW – Carrot Fertility Benefit
- Tuition assistance and training opportunities
- Advancement pathways and internal promotion
- And much more!
At Nexus Family Healing, our voices and actions are focused on recognizing, affirming and respecting people of every race, ethnic background, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, gender expression and faith.
Our ICARE Values:
- Innovation: Leading the way and implementing creative, cutting-edge ideas and approaches
- Compassion: Listening, honoring differences, and showing respect, kindness, empathy care, and concern
- Agility: Exhibiting flexibility and adapting quickly
- Responsiveness: Being quick, positive, and accurate
- Excellence: Demonstrating quality results that surpass ordinary standards
APPLY TODAY TO BE CONTACTED BY OUR RECRUITING TEAM! When you work at Nexus, you have the opportunity to change lives — including your own!
Keywords: “Mental Health”, “Counselor”, “Mental health Practitioner”, “Mental Health Professional”, “Mental Health Counselor”, “Mental Health Therapist”, “Children’s Mental Health” , “Adult Mental Health”, “ARMHS”, “LGSW”, “Social Work”, “LICSW”, “LPCC”, “Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor”, “LMFT”, “Family Therapy”, “Licensed Professional Counselor”, “Therapist”, “Clinical Services” , “Social Services”, “Counseling”, “ Therapist Mental Health”, “LPC”, “Human Services”