Nexus-East Bethel is looking to add a Night Supervisor to our BRAND NEW psychiatric residential treatment facility!
This Nexus PRTF location is estimated to open late 2023 and will serve youth ages 10-19 who need a higher level of mental and behavioral health care.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate join an organization that makes a true difference in the lives of youth and their families!
Provide leadership to direct care night staff and ensure the safety of residents and staff during the night shift.
Supervise the nightly operations of the programs and ensure the safety of residents and staff while securing the facility and grounds during the night shift
- Provide floor supervision by providing work direction to staff, ensuring adequate program coverage, and monitoring resident movement
- Ensure hourly checks of facility and its perimeters; secure doors, windows, and vehicles, record resident headcounts, and ensure compliance with scheduled and random room checks
- Respond to and record resident incidents and engage in therapeutic interventions and de-escalations per established policy and protocol. In the event of absconsion, verify resident absences by surveying the facility and its perimeters. Notify appropriate individuals in accordance with established operating procedure.
- Attend briefing sessions with appropriate staff to maintain pertinent information related to resident supervision
Monitor the program milieu and ensure an emotionally and physically safe environment that is positive, respectful, clean, and therapeutic
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety procedures and protocols
- Perform First Aid/CPR procedures and supervise emergency interventions involving staff
- Supervise medication distribution and ensure accuracy of medication log
Assist in the selection, training, on-going professional development, and performance evaluation of staff
- Participate in the interview and selection of staff
- Demonstrate and promote flexibility and cooperation among team members and staff
- Teach, monitor, and facilitate the development of staff skills and knowledge regarding resident issues, individual treatment plans and phases, the provision of direct services, behavior management techniques and therapeutic interventions, compliance regarding Medicaid standards and the preparation and maintenance of resident case files and documentation
- Prepare and conduct formal performance evaluations and provide performance management on an ongoing basis
Provide resident transportation as needed
Ensure confidentiality regarding resident issues, background, and treatment
- Must be able to assist staff in physical interventions and restraints of youth
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time (2-4 hours)
- Must be able to twist, bend and stretch in a manner conducive to the execution of daily activities within a residential treatment facility
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree or an equivalency in college credits
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Valid driver’s license required. Must meet state regulating agency and Nexus Family Healing requirements
Nice to Have:
- 2+ years of full-time experience in residential care
- 1+ year of supervisory experience
- Full-Time On-site opportunity
- Starting salary: $24.00+ an hour
- General schedule: Monday through Friday
- Located at: 900 189th Ave NE East Bethel, MN 55011
Nexus’ Comprehensive Benefits Include:
- Four weeks paid time off (PTO) in the first year of employment
- Multiple options for health insurance coverage
- No-cost life insurance
- Short/long-term disability insurance
- 401k match
- NEW – Talkspace Therapy Benefit for the whole family
- NEW – Hinge Health Benefit for the whole family
- NEW – Carrot Fertility Benefit
- Tuition assistance and training opportunities
- Advancement pathways and internal promotion
- And much more!
At Nexus Family Healing, our voices and actions are focused on recognizing, affirming and respecting people of every race, ethnic background, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, gender expression and faith.
ICARE Values & Behavioral Competencies:
- Innovation: Leading the way and implementing creative, cutting-edge ideas and approaches.
- Compassion: Listening, honoring differences, and showing respect, kindness, empathy care, and concern.
- Agility: Exhibiting flexibility and adapting quickly.
- Responsiveness: Being quick, positive, and accurate.
- Excellence: Demonstrating quality results that surpass ordinary standards.
APPLY TODAY TO BE CONTACTED BY OUR RECRUITING TEAM! When you work at Nexus, you have the opportunity to change lives — including your own!
Keywords: "Night Supervisor", "Night Manager", "Shift Manager", "Residential Manager", "Residential Treatment Facilities", "PRTF", "Non-Profit", "Childrens Mental Health"