Nexus-East Bethel is looking to add to our Registered Nurse staff at our BRAND NEW psychiatric residential treatment facility!
This location is estimated to open late 2023 and will serve youth ages 10-19 who need a higher level of mental and behavioral health care.
Our Nurse (RN) promotes the health and well-being to Nexus Family Healing residents by providing client-centered health care services, in accordance with Nexus Family Healing policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Resident Medical Care
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary teams regarding medical aspects of client admissions.
- Communicates medical concerns and coordinates necessary follow-up appointments, and/or referrals with interdisciplinary teams both internally and externally.
- Collects and reviews clients’ medical data and ensures that medical records are current and accurate.
- Assesses nursing implications of all data pertaining to the resident and determines the need to communicate with the physician.
- Monitors acute and chronic medical conditions of clients; provides treatment or consultation as needed.
- In emergency situations, gather relevant information and assess client status. Provide appropriate care and/or treatment, direct others as necessary, and collaborate referral to a higher-level of care if appropriate.
- Treatment Team Collaboration
- Serves as a resource to staff and other interdisciplinary teams regarding client medical concerns.
- Collaborates with the treatment staff to develop individual client treatment plans.
- Implement, monitor, and coordinate medication administration to clients
- Verify, count, and administer medications to residents.
- Educates clients on medication side effects, adverse effects, and drug interactions.
- Monitors clients daily for side effects, adverse effects, and/or drug interactions.
- Ensures client prescriptions are filled and the appropriate amount is maintained through each client’s stay within the residential milieu.
- Monitors medication logbooks for completion and accuracy.
- Staff Meetings & Required Training
- Completes all required trainings that are department/role specific & facility-wide requirements.
- Maintains and stay up to date with trainings and certifications (i.e., online trainings, internal and external in-person trainings, CPR certification, nursing license, first aid and safety, medication administration, and infection control etc.
- Participates in internal training opportunities with community partners.
- Client Confidentiality
- Ensures client information remains confidential and compliant with Nexus policies involving client privacy, informed consent and confidentiality standards for clients and their families.
Required Education and Licensure:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Valid Registered Nurse License
- 1 + year related nursing experience
- First Aid/CPR/Infection Control certification
- Valid driver’s license required. Must meet state regulating agency and Nexus Home Office driving requirements
Nice to Have:
- 1+ year related nursing experience in a residential setting
- Full-time, onsite opportunity
- Set weekly schedules - open availability currently!
- Starting rate: $40.00 an hour
Nexus’ Comprehensive Benefits Include:
- Four weeks paid time off (PTO) in the first year of employment
- Multiple options for health insurance coverage
- No-cost life insurance
- Short/long-term disability insurance
- 401k match
- NEW – Talkspace Therapy Benefit for the whole family
- NEW – Hinge Health Benefit for the whole family
- NEW – Carrot Fertility Benefit
- Tuition assistance and training opportunities
- Advancement pathways and internal promotion
- And much more!
At Nexus Family Healing, our voices and actions are focused on recognizing, affirming and respecting people of every race, ethnic background, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, gender expression and faith.
Our ICARE Values:
- Innovation: Leading the way and implementing creative, cutting-edge ideas and approaches
- Compassion: Listening, honoring differences, and showing respect, kindness, empathy care, and concern
- Agility: Exhibiting flexibility and adapting quickly
- Responsiveness: Being quick, positive, and accurate
- Excellence: Demonstrating quality results that surpass ordinary standards
APPLY TODAY TO BE CONTACTED BY OUR RECRUITING TEAM! When you work at Nexus, you have the opportunity to change lives — including your own!
Keywords: “Trauma-Informed Care”, “Residential Treatment”, “Mental Health”, “Children’s Mental Health”, “Social Services," "Nonprofit" "Human Services", "Healthcare", "Registered Nurse", "RN"