The Therapist is responsible for providing mental health services to residents. The Therapist is also responsible to provide assessment, treatment plan development and direct therapy to individuals, family and group therapy.
- Current LICSW, LP, LPCC or LMFT licensure.
- Maintain a good driving record and possess a valid driver’s license
- Possess a working knowledge of trauma informed care, cognitive behavioral therapy, strength-based intervention techniques, the ability to work within a team setting, and have experience with group facilitation.
- Demonstrate strong verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Trained in supervision and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Experience treating children age 17 and younger with mental, behavioral or emotional problems.
- Develops, implements and evaluates resident care according to identified needs.
- Manage residents in crisis utilizing appropriate therapeutic skills and assessment techniques.
- Writes appropriate treatment plans according to resident diagnosis, age and clinical presentation. Writes appropriate discharge plans based on individual needs of client and follows through with termination process.
- Lead the multi-disciplinary team in developing and implementing the residents’ treatment plan. Conduct treatment plan reviews and discharge planning with the clinical team.
- Collaborates with appropriate family members/guardians and community agencies to insure effective service delivery.
- Completes resident care assignments with attention to detail and accuracy. Provides accurate and consistent documentation of resident care/response in the medical record. Completes accurate and timely billing information.
- Designs, plans, implements effective resident education.
- Maintains open lines of communication, collaborates with healthcare team for resident outcome.
- Other duties as assigned.